Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS, a Diplomate and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery has proudly been honored by Plastic Surgery Foundation by being awarded research awards. Through the years Dr. Hardesty has served on several of its committees.
The Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (The PSEF) was founded in 1948. The Foundation’s original mission was to:
- Support research pertaining to both congenital and acquired deformities
- Promote high standards of training, practice and research in plastic surgery
- Confer scholarships and prizes
- Promote lectures, seminars and medical and public meetings to educate the public in plastic surgery matters.
The PSEF has evolved into the Plastic Surgery Foundation (PSF) a nonprofit entity now designed to broadly support various activities of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) members regarding:
- International activities
The PSF works side by side with ASPS to support the Plastic Surgery researcher’s idea, provides a funding for researchers to start a research project (seed grants). In addition, this forum leads on how to translate such basic science research to clinical relevancy. In addition, appreciating in a tangible way the impact and the possibilities that their ideas hold.
Besides solving or understanding clinical challenges and on a very practical basis, the PSEF diligently works to bring the right people together so that the tested and meaningful research can reach the marketplace. The PSEF uniquely helps take those new ideas as well as educating by presenting tried and true procedures to our local, regional and international plastic surgeons.
- Promote and mentoring the next generation of researchers through seed grants. These grants allow researchers to gain knowledge, solve clinical problems and test scientific concepts specific to plastic surgery
- Support both fiscally and through collaboration clinically relevant research that demonstrates on a practical basis to help leads to best practices and better outcomes
- Provide ongoing and longitudinal studies to collect research data that assures patients that current treatment is safe and that they are receiving the state-of-the-art treatment
- Providing evidence-based medicine to better effect treatment in a more effective and efficient manner
- Develop clinical trial research networks
- Support and foster, through education and research, the career development of plastic surgeons by funding research projects, sponsoring Visiting Professors and supporting International Scholar Programs
Ready to reverse some years? Call our office (951) 686-7600 today!
How to Find/Choose the Best/Top Plastic Surgeon? Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon I am often asked by friends, patients and those interested on how one becomes a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. How to choose The Best/Top Plastic Surgeon and what questions to ask during a consultation. Thus, I have created a 3 part document addressing […]READ FULL BLOG POST
What is the cost?
At Imagine Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety a different procedures that all vary in prices. We strive in being transparent to all potential patients and being up front with how much our services may cost. For more information regarding the costs and prices, visit our plastic surgery prices page!COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY