Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS, a Diplomate and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery has proudly been a member of the American Society for Plastic Surgery since 1990. He has served in various positions as officer, committee chairmen and committee member(s).
The following was obtained from the ASPS web site and other sources.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. It was founded in 1931, originally as the Society Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons now representing approximately 93% of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States and in addition more than eight thousand plastic surgeons throughout the world. Thus, making ASPS an international and global institution. ASPS is considered a leading authority on both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
To be become an elected member of ASPS, a Plastic Surgeon must meet the following rigorous standards (see below), reviewed by the membership committee and voted upon by the members and at a minimum having acquired Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS See more information under this heading of ABPS).
- Graduating from an accredited medical school.
- Completing at least (at a minimum) of six years of post-graduate surgical training requiring a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training.
- Successfully completing a comprehensive written and oral examination administrated by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Being recommended to the American Board of Plastic Surgery by the residency program director. and Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year
- Leading to issuing a Certificate of Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Perform surgery (general or IV sedation) in accredited, state-licensed, or medicare-certified surgical facilities.
- Complete continuing 50 hours of medical education, including specific courses directed toward patient safety each year.
- Adheres to a strict ASPS Code of Ethics.
“The mission of ASPS is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery. To support its members in the provision of excellent patient care, ASPS will provide: education, advocacy, practice support and enhanced public awareness of the value of plastic surgery, while fostering the highest professional, ethical and quality standards.”
The ASPS is a strong advocate for patient safety, and such demonstrates such by requiring its members to:
- complete specific course in patient safety
- operate only in accredited surgical facilities that have passed rigorous external review of equipment and staffing
Ready to reverse some years? Call our office (951) 686-7600 today!
How to Find/Choose the Best/Top Plastic Surgeon? Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon I am often asked by friends, patients and those interested on how one becomes a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. How to choose The Best/Top Plastic Surgeon and what questions to ask during a consultation. Thus, I have created a 3 part document addressing […]READ FULL BLOG POST
One Goal, Many Options
The most important factor to consider for your procedure or treatment is seeking the opinion and services of a skilled, experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who are experts in techniques. The Imagine Plastic Surgery team uniquely provides the full array of both non surgical and surgical alternatives thus filling our motto of “One Goal, Many Options.” For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly been serving Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty and the Staff of Imagine Plastic Surgery have provided comprehensive Cosmetic Plastic Surgery services and procedures to Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands.