Posted by Dr. Hardesty on February 26, 2019
I. “COMPARING APPLES TO APPLES”
II. TOTAL COSTS
III. SOURCES OF PUBLISHED COSTS
As in life, decisions are made on multitude of data points and an obvious one is total costs and fees. If you are buying an auto, you can easily compare similar models and accessories, warranties and then finally prices. In the “service industry” it is much more difficult to make comparisons and then put a value on it. This is especially true when it comes to your own body and health Let’s look at some of these factors that should be considered in “total costs and fees” when trying to choose the Best/Top Plastic Surgeon for you.
- Is your Plastic Surgeon really a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or just a self-proclaimed cosmetic surgeon? Please read our detailed E-Book by downloading here
- How much experience does your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon have in the procedure you are interested in? Does he\she specialize in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery only? Usually those Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery denoted by membership and meeting additional criteria belonging to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
- How many years or types of procedures per year does your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon perform?
- Does your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon perform his procedures in an accredited operating room? In a hospital? His/her office?
- Who will be providing the anesthesia? A Board Certified Anesthesiologist, a nurse, a nurse anesthetist.
- Does your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon have admitting privileges to a local hospital if there is complication requiring hospitalization
- Does your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon have any sanctions or disciplinary actions against them?
- Reputation: Rating site’s (RealSelf, Google, Yelp, etc) while not perfect do give an overall feeling of what other experiences have been, personal referral by a friend or relative, your personal doctor or nurse, etc. Read our patient reviews here and click icons below.
- Is the place\surgeon you choose just a national or regional branded “mill” with rotating surgeons or a well established credible and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- What is the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon revision policy if a ‘touch up” is needed?
In my experience, unfortunately most insurance companies will not cover what you desire without a physically limiting deformity. However it is always worth a try.
- Location: what part of the country you have your surgery (coastal cities and large metropolitan in general are higher than inland cities)
- Plastic Surgeons fees: Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and those who are more experienced surgeons are higher fees than less experienced) Please read our detailed E-Book by downloading here.
- Anesthesia fees: Board Certified Physician Anesthesiologist compared to nurses or Nurse Anesthetist are generally more expensive.
- Facility fees: Surgical procedures performed in a hospital setting are often significantly higher in total cost than a physicians’ operating room or an accredited Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC)
- Equipment needed: lasers, endoscopes, specialized instruments, etc.)
One Goal, Many Options
The most important factor to consider for your procedure or treatment is seeking the opinion and services of a skilled, experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who are experts in techniques. The Imagine Plastic Surgery team uniquely provides the full array of both non surgical and surgical alternatives thus filling our motto of “One Goal, Many Options.” For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly been serving Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty and the Staff of Imagine Plastic Surgery have provided comprehensive Cosmetic Plastic Surgery services and procedures to Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands.