Thank you for your story, photos and questions. Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only make general comments. I hope find the following helpful.
The amount of fat that takes depends:
1) the gentle technique of harvest providing the least amount of damage/trauma to the fat cells
2) how the fat is injected
3) the recipient area (good blood supply, lack of previous scars, etc.)
4) postoperative care
5) genetics of the individual
The process for performing a BBL is the same regardless of the patients weight or fat location:
1) harvest the fat
2) purify the fat
3) sculpting the buttock:
a) with precise liposculpting
b) with precise fat injection
The final shape of the buttock depends on:
1) your underlying boney pelvic frame
2) the shape of your buttock muscular anatomy
3) the elasticity (stretchability) of the buttock skin skin
4) the patients desired shape (where fat is injected)
The bottom line:
1) fat survival as a graft is multifactoral but usually varies between 70-80%.
2) the fat that doesn’t survive is broken down, dissolves and is excreted by our body
3) the amount injected fat depends on how much fat there is available to harvest.
4) the individuals genetic anatomy and elastic properties of the skin will dictate and limit attaining certain desired shapes
5) Just importantly the liposuction should be done to “sculpt” other parts of the body to attain a body that is in proportion and attractive. Thus a small amount of fat can go along way or in contrast a large amount may not give you the desired appearance
One can try to gain weight prior to the procedure in hope that the areas you can the weight can be liposuctioned.
Caveat: all fat that is gained may not be deposited in areas that can be liposuctioned.
I suggest you collect multiple model photos of your desired buttock shape/size and schedule several appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
Imagine: A Team that Truly Cares About You!
In addition to Dr. Hardesty’s staff brings a high degree of skill to an array of surgical and non-surgical rejuvenation treatments. Patients rave about how deeply our team cares about their well-being. At Imagine Plastic Surgery your experience will reach beyond facial and body revitalization. You are becoming part of a unique family who places your welfare and satisfaction, first and foremost.
For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly served Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire, namely the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. Additionally, we are pleased that patients travel from throughout Southern California, including Beverly Hills and Newport Beach, as well as other areas of America. We welcome one and all to our family of superior aesthetic specialists!
What is the cost?
At Imagine Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety a different procedures that all vary in prices. We strive in being transparent to all potential patients and being up front with how much our services may cost. For more information regarding the costs and prices, visit our plastic surgery prices page!COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY