Thank you for your story, photos and questions. Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only make general comments. I hope find the following helpful.
The amount of fat that takes depends:
1) the gentle technique of harvest providing the least amount of damage/trauma to the fat cells
2) how the fat is injected
3) the recipient area (good blood supply, lack of previous scars, etc.)
4) postoperative care
5) genetics of the individual
The process for performing a BBL is the same regardless of the patients weight or fat location:
1) harvest the fat
2) purify the fat
3) sculpting the buttock:
a) with precise liposculpting
b) with precise fat injection
The final shape of the buttock depends on:
1) your underlying boney pelvic frame
2) the shape of your buttock muscular anatomy
3) the elasticity (stretchability) of the buttock skin skin
4) the patients desired shape (where fat is injected)
The bottom line:
1) fat survival as a graft is multifactoral but usually varies between 70-80%.
2) the fat that doesn’t survive is broken down, dissolves and is excreted by our body
3) the amount injected fat depends on how much fat there is available to harvest.
4) the individuals genetic anatomy and elastic properties of the skin will dictate and limit attaining certain desired shapes
5) Just importantly the liposuction should be done to “sculpt” other parts of the body to attain a body that is in proportion and attractive. Thus a small amount of fat can go along way or in contrast a large amount may not give you the desired appearance
One can try to gain weight prior to the procedure in hope that the areas you can the weight can be liposuctioned.
Caveat: all fat that is gained may not be deposited in areas that can be liposuctioned.
I suggest you collect multiple model photos of your desired buttock shape/size and schedule several appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
One Goal, Many Options
The most important factor to consider for your procedure or treatment is seeking the opinion and services of a skilled, experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who are experts in techniques. The Imagine Plastic Surgery team uniquely provides the full array of both non surgical and surgical alternatives thus filling our motto of “One Goal, Many Options.” For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly been serving Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty and the Staff of Imagine Plastic Surgery have provided comprehensive Cosmetic Plastic Surgery services and procedures to Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands.
What is the cost?
At Imagine Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety a different procedures that all vary in prices. We strive in being transparent to all potential patients and being up front with how much our services may cost. For more information regarding the costs and prices, visit our plastic surgery prices page!COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY