Hello, Asumming gentle surgical techniques here are several intraoperative procedures to reduce postoperative pain.
LOCAL INJECTION OF MEDICATION:
2) Exparel is along acting injectable Bupivacaine .
Price difference is significant.
Both can be injected locally.
NON NARCOTIC PAIN PUMP
A pain pump us a mechanical device where there is a external “pump” through which thin catheters are inserted into the surgical site. For the next several days the local anesthestic agent (usually Bupivacaine) is release at constant flow. The thin catheters need to be removed in 3-4 days .
CONTRASTING THE TWO:
1)one time local injection
2) works only where injected
3)longer 1/2 life of Bupivacaine (effects last longer)
NON NARCOTIC PAIN PUMP
1) a external delivery system through small catheters
2) can diffuse throughout the surgical site: in breast augmentation or abdominoplasty the anesthestic (Marcaine) fluid can disperse throughout the entire surgical pocket and theoretically cover more area in contrast to direct injection of the Exaparel or Bupivacaine in certain ares thus is only effective where locally injected.
3) Some pumps have a “on demand” function where additional local anesthetic volume can be intermittently delivered (with a corresponding lock out period so as not overdose).
I personally perfer the pain pump for long term pain relief (3-4 days) and perform local injection of local anesthestic on almost every surgical case. I provide a pain pump to all my abdominaloplasty patients. The pain pump is optional for all other procedures.
I trust you have chosen a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
Imagine: A Team that Truly Cares About You!
In addition to Dr. Hardesty’s staff brings a high degree of skill to an array of surgical and non-surgical rejuvenation treatments. Patients rave about how deeply our team cares about their well-being. At Imagine Plastic Surgery your experience will reach beyond facial and body revitalization. You are becoming part of a unique family who places your welfare and satisfaction, first and foremost.
For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly served Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire, namely the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. Additionally, we are pleased that patients travel from throughout Southern California, including Beverly Hills and Newport Beach, as well as other areas of America. We welcome one and all to our family of superior aesthetic specialists!
What is the cost?
At Imagine Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety a different procedures that all vary in prices. We strive in being transparent to all potential patients and being up front with how much our services may cost. For more information regarding the costs and prices, visit our plastic surgery prices page!COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY