eliminate droopy, sagging arms by choosing dr. hardesty to create a sculpted, Slimmer, toned appearance
Some patients choose to tighten the look of their arms with an arm lift procedure. These patients often feel that their skin on their arms is unflattering due to some amount of drooping or sagging. Whatever the reason for wanting to have this procedure done, Dr. Hardesty and the team at Imagine Plastic Surgery are ready to help you achieve your desired arm contours.
An arm lift procedure, also referred to as brachioplasty, is designed to reshape the arm by removing unwanted hanging, flapping skin and undesirable arm fat that after surgery results in a slenderer arm appearance. Many men and women have requested this procedure in order to have more sculpted arms. The sagging of skin can be a result of aging, weight loss, weight fluctuations, or genetics. This surgery may be right for you if you have sagging skin on the underside of your upper arm that cannot be reduced with exercise. At Imagine Plastic Surgery in Riverside, Dr. Hardesty and his team provide compassionate care of his patients that are interested in undergoing an arm lift procedure. Dr. Hardesty works with his patients to determine the right treatment plan for them to achieve their desired look.
"If you want results go here. I needed a miracle to make my dream come true and Dr. Hardesty made it happen. The staff is a top notch class act and their follow up is priceless. I cry when I look in the mirror from pure happiness. I haven't worn a bikini or shown my body with such confidence since I was in my 20's. I truly feel flawless. Thank You!!!" -Verified Google Review
Before & After
Patients wanting this procedure can meet with Dr. Hardesty at his Riverside office to discuss the treatment options. Different slenderizing arm options are available to our prospective patients fulfilling our Motto of “One Goal, Many Options”. In order to choose the best treatment plan that will give his patients optimal results, Dr. Hardesty will review your medical record and complete an exam of your tissues. He will look at the skin quality and the location of the excess fat and skin on the arms. Based on his findings, Dr. Hardesty will present you with the options and explain what will be done in the procedure in order to choose the best treatment plan that will give the best results.
Dr. Hardesty offers many options for an arm lift procedure. Depending on the amount of sagging skin and the desired look of the patient, Dr. Hardesty will choose the best option for his patient. The different procedures are:
- Liposuction: This procedure option is good for people with good skin elasticity so that the skin will shrink around the remaining tissue after the excess fat is removed. To help shrink the skin after surgery Vellashape III is provided after the healing and pain resolves.
- Limited-Incision Brachioplasty: Also known as “Invisible Arm Lift” or “C” brachioplasty because of the curved resultant healed incision that is hidden and located in the armpit area. First using liposuction, the arm is thinned and then the excess skin is excised, and the skin pulled towards the armpit. The incision is then closed in the armpit area.
- Standard Brachioplasty: This is the complete removal of the excess skin and fat on the arm due to the amount, location and loss of skin elasticity. The healed incision runs from the armpit to just above the elbow.
- Extended Brachioplasty: This is a standard brachioplasty but with an incision that can extend from the elbow up the arm to the armpit where there is loose skin under the armpit and along the inner chest wall. Another way is starting in the armpit running down the arm extending below the elbow unto the forearm. Or combing both starting on the forearm and finishing on the inner chest wall.
The incision length and pattern on the arm depending on the amount of fatty tissue and the location of excess skin and tissue that needs to be removed. Depending on the procedure chosen by Dr. Hardesty the incisions will be different. The types of incisions are:
- Liposuction Access Incisions: These are very small and hidden in the elbow and armpit creases
- Minimal Incision: Hidden under the armpit
- Inner Arm Incision: hidden along the length of the inner arm
- Back of Arm Incision: hidden along the length of the side and back of the arm and inner forearm
- Inner Chest Wall Incisions: In women these are hidden along the natural curve of the breast base. In men these are hidden in natural creases.
Dr. Hardesty will provide a detailed list of all preoperative and post-operative instructions before the procedure. Most patients can usually return to daily activities within a few days and non-strenuous activity in a week to ten days. Full exercise is allowed after 6 weeks. There are aids to help in the healing process such as compression garments that you may need to wear for 6 weeks. It is important to not put too much pressure or strain on the treatment areas during the healing process. A special and scientifically proven anti-scar program is instituted after the incisions are healed consisting of Embrace technology and silicone gel strips. When needed injectable steroids and lasers are available. Many patients who undergo arm lift surgery enjoy the results for many years to come.
Costs of arm lift procedures vary due to medical costs, doctor experience, patient needs, and the area where the surgery takes place. If you have any financial concerns the speak with our staff at Imagine Plastic Surgery so we can help you with any financial questions.
In most cases, insurance providers will not cover an arm lift procedure since it is deemed as cosmetic. If you need to know what procedures are covered under your plan, then contact your insurance provider or speak to our staff at Imagine Plastic Surgery.
Due to the extent of the surgery, it is impossible to not have any scars from an arm lift. A special and scientifically proven anti-scar program is instituted after the incisions are healed consisting of Embrace technology and silicone gel strips. When needed injectable steroids and lasers are available. But skilled doctors such as Dr. Hardesty will conceal the scars as much as possible and if they become dark or pink refer you to scar fading creams and lasers.
Are you interested in finding out more about Arm Lifts? If so, we encourage you to contact our Riverside office today by calling us or filling out an online form. Dr. Hardesty and his team at Imagine Plastic Surgery look forward to hearing from you. Click Here
What is the cost?
At Imagine Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety a different procedures that all vary in prices. We strive in being transparent to all potential patients and being up front with how much our services may cost. For more information regarding the costs and prices, visit our plastic surgery prices page!COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY