As one of his many pleased patients stated, “Dr. Hardesty is simply amazing!” With 30 years in plastic surgical experience, Robert A. Hardesty, M.D. has established an outstanding reputation for excellence in Plastic Surgery in the Inland Empire. In addition to his time proven surgical skills and experience as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, He is well known by patients and peers to be compassionate, ethical and caring. Patients travel from all over California to seek Dr. Hardesty’s care and advice.
- Bachelor of Arts: Loma Linda University Cum Laude
- Medical Doctor: Loma Linda University Alpha Omega Alpha
- General Surgical Residency: Loma Linda University Board Certified
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Board Certified
- Craniofacial and Pediatrics Fellowship Washington University
Dr. Hardesty is the former Chief (Chairmen) of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) and affiliated hospitals. Under his leadership he founded of the first nationally accredited and integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program in the nation at Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) and affiliated hospitals
He considers it a privilege to have help train over 40 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons located all over Southern California (Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Orange County and throughout the United States. He has earned the academic rank of Clinical Professor at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine and is double board certified in both Plastic and General Surgery. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
"Doctor Hardesty and his staff are absolutely phenomenal! The care he gives, his knowledge, and his time given is priceless. All of his staff are very caring and professional individuals. Any questions I have had or concerns have been dealt with professionally, quickly, and beyond my satisfaction. I can't say enough about his staff and the caliber of doctor that he is." -Verified Google Review
Dr. Hardesty feels it has been a distinct honor to have participated in both sections of the Board Examinations administered by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This body is responsible to test, qualify and certify a Plastic Surgery candidate and if he/she should be allowed to call himself/herself a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
To become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, individuals must not only have an M.D. degree, complete at least at a minimum of six years of supervised and progressive training in an accredited Plastic Surgery Residency program. Candidates are required present a series of “case studies” that represent their clinical experience and must take and pass two sections of an extensive examination process.
In addition he has served as a question author for the first section, referred to as the written or “qualifying exam.” He has also served as a Senior Board Examiner administrating for the second section referred to as the oral or “certifying exam” for over a decade. Thus, he has had extensive experience in not only training plastic surgery residents but also evaluating them as they attain board certification.
Dr. Hardesty leadership qualities have been recognized by serving on numerous local, regional, national and international positions of responsibility. These include various committees, boards and officerships.
- Chairmen, Plastic Surgery: Loma Linda University: After completing his 8 years of surgical training after medical school he was recruited to return to his Alma Mater. During his many full time years at Loma Linda University Medical Center, he was noted for not only his academic achievements but just as importantly his clinical care and surgical results, including cosmetic plastic surgery, craniofacial surgery, and reconstruction of Siamese twins after surgical separation.
- President Medical Staff: Loma Linda University Medical Center: During his full time tenure at Loma Linda University rose through the ranks of the various committees of the medical staff at Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC), being elected by his peers and becoming president of the LLUMC Medical Staff in 1999. During his many full time years at Loma Linda University Medical Center, he was noted for clinical care and surgical results, including cosmetic plastic surgery, craniofacial surgery, and reconstruction of Siamese twins after surgical separation.
- Chairmen: Plastic Surgery Research Council: His research efforts have yielded several awards, notably being voted by peers to host the annual prestigious Plastic Surgery Research Council.
- President: California Society of Plastic Surgery: After serving on several committees and progressing through leadership positions he was honored by being elected by his peers to the position of President, the largest regional society of Plastic Surgeons in the United States
Dr. Hardesty efforts have yielded numerous awards. He has lectured extensively and is published in several scientific journals. However the delivery of personal, individualized and total patient care has been the hallmark of Dr. Hardesty’s success. By a vote of his peers and/or his patients he has been elected, awarded and listed in the nationally recognized publications and review organizations.
- Castle Connolly’s, Top Doctors in America: Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery from 2000 to present.
- Best Doctors in America: from 2008 to the present which provides consulting services to plastic surgery patients upon request.
- U.S. News and World Report magazine: From 2010 to the present (which rates colleges, hospitals etc.) began recognizing “Top Doctors” and Dr. Hardesty has been not only voted the Top Doctor award but in addition given the highest distinctions of achieving the top 1% of all physicians based on: medical education, training, certification, license, hospital appointments, professional achievements, patient satisfaction and administrative posts.
- RealSelf 100 Award from 2015 to the present). Based on criteria and contributions to Plastic Surgery Patient Education
- Vitals: Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree . Vitals 5 Year Honorees recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
- Vitals: On-Time Doctor Award (2015 to the present)Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician’s overall and promptness scores.
- Vitals: Patients’ Choice Award (2013 to the present) Patients’ Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Because of his excellent reputation, Dr. Hardesty has provided numerous “Visiting Professorship Lectures” locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, appeared on several national broadcasts, as well as numerous local television and radio talk shows. His national lay print coverage includes People Magazine.
Dr. Hardesty, since medical school, he has donated his time regularly to international medical projects and has provided care, without charge, to those individuals with congenital or acquired deformities. He has traveled to Africa, Argentina, India, Mexico, Nepal, Vietnam, and the Philippines. While at Loma Linda University, Dr. Hardesty founded “Operation Good Samaritan” which continues to provide surgical care and education the less fortunate children in developing countries.
- Ashlee, Board Certified Child Psychiatrist
- Bradford, Board Certified In Emergency Medicine
- Chelsea, Board Certified Physician Assistant
- Derik, Optometry student
If you are interested in learning more about Plastic Surgery, then contact our Riverside office today. Dr. Hardesty and his team are excited to discuss your needs and answer your questions. To make a consultation appointment call the office, take our self assessment survey, or fill out an online form and a team member will reach out to you.