Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS, a Diplomate and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery has proudly been a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons in good standing since 1999. In addition, Dr. Hardesty has been an officer and served on several of its committees.
The following was obtained from the AAPS web site and other sources.
The oldest of all Plastic Surgery organizations, founded in 1921. The “Association” is emblematic of all the other Plastic Surgery societies or associations that have formed since its founding. The purpose of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons is:
- To advance the science and art of plastic surgery
- Utilizing surgical education, research, scientific presentations, and professional interaction.
- Membership in AAPS is uniquely by invitation only and limited in total number.
- Candidates for Active Fellowship must be certified by either the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the equivalent of Canada’s of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- As a prerequisite for the membership a candidate must show recognized and significant contributions of quality in the areas of education, research or clinical excellence within The specialty of Plastic Surgery.
- Each candidate for membership must be sponsored by a Fellow and endorsed by another Fellow of the Association
- In addition, either the sponsor or endorser must be from the candidate’s community or (if no Fellow resides in his community) from his/her region.
- The candidate must have had five (5) years of practice in the field of plastic surgery following his/her certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or certification in plastic surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
The American Association of Plastic Surgeons is considered by many as the most prestigious of all the societies found within Plastic Surgery and is considered a singular honor to be a member.
Ready to reverse some years? Call our office (951) 686-7600 today!
How to Find/Choose the Best/Top Plastic Surgeon? Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Part 1: What does it take to become a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon I am often asked by friends, patients and those interested on how one becomes a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. How to choose The Best/Top Plastic Surgeon and what questions to ask during a consultation. Thus, I have created a 3 part document addressing […]READ FULL BLOG POST
One Goal, Many Options
The most important factor to consider for your procedure or treatment is seeking the opinion and services of a skilled, experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who are experts in techniques. The Imagine Plastic Surgery team uniquely provides the full array of both non surgical and surgical alternatives thus filling our motto of “One Goal, Many Options.” For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty, an award winning, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, has proudly been serving Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands. For over 30 years Dr. Hardesty and the Staff of Imagine Plastic Surgery have provided comprehensive Cosmetic Plastic Surgery services and procedures to Riverside and San Bernardino counties of the Inland Empire and the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Upland, Corona, Chino Hills and Redlands.